Individual or Relational Therapeutic Counseling for Adults and Teens
I offer an open-minded, compassionate, and nonjudgmental approach that makes it a lot easier to talk about your personal life and relationships.
Topics I Often Address with Clients:
- Depression or Postpartum Depression
- Gender Identity Transitions
- Relationship Issues
- Sex Education
- Sexual "Addiction" (Out of Control Sexual Behaviors)
- Sexual Issues or Concerns
- Trauma (including Pregnancy/Childbirth Trauma, Sexual Abuse and/or Domestic Violence)
Culturally Competent - I honor and celebrate the diversity of human beings. I am LGBTQIA-friendly, kink-aware, poly-friendly, and all-around sex-positive.
Strength-based and Person-centered approaches to therapy (This means that I spend a good amount of time talking with you about what you do well and how we can build upon your strengths to reduce your unwanted symptoms and to increase the quality of your life).
- Integrating various theories into practice – Attachment Theory, Communication Theory, Systems Theory, Feminist and Humanist Perspectives (Basically, I take what I learn and I figure out how to make it my own by using what makes the most sense with each client).
- Utilizing interventions from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassionate-Focused Therapy, Experiential Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, and other therapeutic models. I enjoy learning about many different methods of therapy because it is important to stay relevant and because I believe there is no one-size-fits-all approach.